Highland Innovation Centre Ltd
Highland Innovation Centre Ltd (HIC) is a Scottish-based Medical Scientific device company which specialises in the design, development and commercialisation of consumer, clinical and research products.
Founded in 1998 by Dr David Watmough, HIC is still driven by a desire to deliver healthcare solutions that not only raise the bar in terms of effectiveness, but also in terms of affordability.
We are interested in discussing your problems where we may be able to offer a solution. HIC is firmly committed to establishing relationships with leading industry and academic organisations. We believe that it is only by investing in these relationships that we can realise our mission of delivering healthcare solutions that will dramatically improve the quality of life for the many, and not just the few.
HIC's award-winning product range includes:
- the Breast-i® and BreastChecker®, hand-held consumer devices that enable women of all ages to quickly and easily check their breasts for suspicious lumps
- the UltraStethoscope®, a novel type of electronic stethoscope that delivers improved sensitivity, convenience, and PC compatibility
- a Poultry Inspection Wand for the detection of Oregon Disease in turkeys and chickens
- a Radio Adaptor for Metal Detectors providing a cordless headphone system which allows users greater freedom of movement when searching
- the AngioTracker®, an optical and ultrasound-based research instrument for monitoring the effect of angiogenesis-inhibiting drugs on advanced breast cancers
- the PhonoJect®, an ultrasound-based reusable needle-free injection device that is designed to offer new levels of comfort, safety, and affordability